On November 27, 2012, SHEEO staff sent this query to SHEEO state agency chief financial and academic officers:
Your colleagues at the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MNSCU) are interested in identifying states where the state or system office manages cost sharing/matching programs specifically for purchasing academic equipment, where institutions partner with non-state entities such as local businesses, vendors, or foundations in the private sector. MNSCU is interested in learning how other states go through the process and requirements of private matching funds in order to inform potential federal policy in this area.
- Responses to the following questions would be especially helpful:
- Does your office manage program(s) for institutions to purchase academic equipment via such partnerships?
- If available, please attach a file or provide a link describing the program and/or policy.
- What is the contact information for the person in your office most familiar with these matters?
- An example of MNSCUs Leveraged Equipment Fund program is available online.
Responses from the state agencies can be found here.