If you don't find what you need or if you have any questions, please call or write Gloria Auer at (303) 541-1625 or email@example.com.
Multi-State Collaborative to Advance Quality Student Learning—Refinement Year
The information and documents below are for use during the MSC Refinement Year (MSC RY) which runs from September 2016 through August 2017. For links to previous years, see below.
What is the Multi-State Collaborative to Advance Quality Student Learning and who is involved?
With the active support of the Association of State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) and the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), 13 states—Connecticut, Indiana, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, and Virginia—have agreed to collaborate in the Refinement Year of the MSC. This model is rooted in campus/system collaboration and in faculty curriculum development, teaching activity, and assessment of authentic student work. It is based on the use of Essential Learning Outcomes and associated VALUE rubrics developed by faculty members under the auspices of AAC&U’s LEAP initiative.
Helpful documents (for download) for faculty and uploaders:
- MSC RY Artifact Uploading Instructions
- MSC RY Demographic File Instructions
- MSC RY Instructions for Institution Leads and Assignment Cover Sheet
- MSC RY Sampling Parameters and Methods
- MSC RY Sampling Plan and Matrix
- Tasktream's VALUE/MSC Project Upload Instructions including creating assignments and collecting student work
- Timeline-Updated January 30, 2017
Other information and documents (for download) regarding the Refinement Year:
- Benefits and Challenges for Faculty
- Steering Committee
- Roster of States and Institutions
- Refinement Year FAQs
Links to previous years