The Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) seeks an innovative and energetic Deputy Director for Fiscal Affairs and Budgeting to support its work to remodel Illinois higher education to better serve the state’s people and economy. The Board is focused on targeting resources to improve college affordability, reduce college success gaps for underrepresented students, and increase college opportunity for adult learners.
The IBHE provides state-level coordination for Illinois’ 12 public university campuses, 48 community college campuses, and approximately 250 private institutions and works closely with other state education agencies, the General Assembly, the Governor, and other important stakeholder groups.
- Work directly with the Executive Director and other senior staff officers to provide leadership in budgeting, policy development, and administration for the Board of Higher Education
- Assist in implementing the Board’s strategic plan for higher education, including assessing achievement of the plan’s goals and objectives
- Coordinate the Board’s annual budget recommendations to the Governor and General Assembly for higher education institutions and agencies
- Analyze complex issues relating to higher education finance
- Promote increased efficiency and effectiveness in the higher education system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- An earned doctorate or a combination of an appropriate graduate degree and a minimum of five years of relevant experience is required
- Three years of leadership experience in administration is required; higher education experience preferred
- Two years of supervisory experience of professional staff is required
DESIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of policy issues and trends, particularly as they relate to finance and planning
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of constituents and stakeholders, such as elected officials, senior governmental executives, institutional officers, and private sector leaders.
For full consideration, submit a cover letter, a resume with a detailed work history and educational background, the contact information of five professional references, and a copy of college transcript(s). All application materials should be submitted by 5 p.m. on Monday, January 23, 2017 to:
Karen Helland, Illinois Board of Higher Education
1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333, Springfield, IL 62701
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer