The State Higher Education Executive Officers is the national association of the chief executives of statewide governing, policy, and coordinating boards of postsecondary education. Founded in 1954, SHEEO serves its members as an advocate for state policy leadership, as a liaison between states and the federal government, as a vehicle for learning from and collaborating with peers, as a manager of multistate teams to initiate new programs, and as a source of information and analysis on educational and public policy issues. SHEEO seeks to advance public policies and educational practices to achieve more widespread access to and completion of higher education, more discoveries through research, and more applications of knowledge that improve the quality of human lives and enhance the public good.
Services to Members
- State Policy Resources Center (SPRC)
- State Higher Education Finance (SHEF)
- Annual Meeting
- Higher Education Policy Conference
- Queries sent to our members on behalf of SHEEO agency staff regarding issues of significance
- Current Projects and Policy Studies